23 Oct Audition for female performers
We are looking for two highly talented female circus performers to join us in our next production The Exploded Circus – an all-female contemporary circus production with a highly visual narrative that uses the scene of a devastated circus and its performers as an allegory to explore themes around drastic change, belonging and hope.
You can find out more about the production here.
We are looking for versatile female performers with a strong skill-set in either aerial, acrobatics, acro-balance or handstands (although other specialities will also be considered); a basic cross range of other circus techniques; strong movement; excellent stage presence and experience in telling stories through physicality.
Mimbre is keen to work with performers from different backgrounds, and with different abilities and body shapes. We don’t define a strong skill-set as simply particular moves or techniques done to a high technical level; we are seeking performers who can strongly impress an audience with their skills and performance combined. We welcome disabled performers, please let us know about your access requirements. We also welcome applications from female duos/pairs.
The role will include research and development with our purpose-built rig, being part of creating and devising the show and touring the performance nationally and internationally. Candidates will need to be available as outlined in the schedule below with a timeline stretching from February-November 2018.
The tour will be supported by a Touring Production Manager, Rigger and Stage Manager, but we work collaboratively on all aspects of touring and the role will involve being hands on with set-up of rig and set-design, van loading, workshop delivery and other touring activities. The roles will involve being part of creating a unique show, touring to an exciting range of venues and being part of an amazing team of strong women.
The majority of the rehearsals will take place in London.
- Excellent skills in one of these areas: aerialist, acrobatics, acrobalance or handstand
- High skill in any other discipline will be considered if combined with a comfortable level of acrobatics or aerial skills
- Ability to work on basic level with at least one additional circus discipline (above mentioned or other specialist circus skill)
- A wish to explore circus skills and narrative in a creative context
- A creative approach to work and choreography on non-standard equipment
- Strong movement ability
- Good team spirit
- Comfortable in taking direction as well as contributing creative ideas and material
- At least two years of professional experience as a performer
- Experience in acrobalance
- Clean driving licence
- Ability in clowning, acting or physical theatre
- Must have the right to work in the UK and hold a valid passport
- Must live or be willing to relocate to London for rehearsals and for some tour travel
- Must be available for most of the R&D and rehearsal schedule and all touring dates below
To apply please send your CV, a cover letter explaining your motivation to work with Mimbre and your suitability for the role and a link to your showreel showcasing your relevant skills, to Lissy Lovett by 12 midday Monday 20th November.
We will invite selected applicants to an audition day by Wednesday 22nd November. If you need more time to make your travel arrangements please send us your material asap and we will endeavour to let you know if you will be invited to an audition.
Audition Workshop: This will take place from 10am – 6pm on Thursday 30th November in Walthamstow. There will be a recall on 1st of December for shortlisted candidates and so we ask you to keep this available if called for the audition.
For the full information please download the TEC Performer Application Pack.
If you have questions about the role you can contact Lissy Lovett on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7613 1068. Thank you very much for your interest. We’re really excited to hear from you!