04 Aug We’re Recruiting! Project and Tour Production Coordinator
Post: Project and Tour Production Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Line Management: N/A
In collaboration with the rest of the Mimbre team to lead on the practical production of several exciting Mimbre projects and work with the Artistic Director and Project Administrator to deliver the 2016 summer tour. Projects include a major fundraising event, an academic symposium, a one-off large scale commission, re-rehearsing an existing touring production and creating a new show for outdoor touring.
The Project and Tour Production Coordinator will be responsible for carrying out and/or overseeing the following key areas of work:
• To assist the Artistic and Executive Directors in appointing production teams for each project.
• Liaising with the production team for each project to ensure their roles are clear and they have the tools they need to fulfil them.
• Ensuring the Production teams are fulfilling their obligations to the projects and where necessary work with the Executive Director to address any issues.
• Managing production schedules for each project.
• Managing the logistics of each project including rehearsal space, travel and accommodation.
• Liaising with the relevant members of the Production team to oversee technical aspects of projects.
• Assisting with the day to day practical production of all projects, including transporting set (with the company vehicle) and being generally hands on during events.
• Writing (with the support of the Stage Manager where applicable) the relevant technical documentation for touring shows, including technical riders, risk assessments and method statements.
• Answering technical questions from bookers and potential bookers about touring shows.
• Ensuring the technical riders for touring shows have been considered and approved by bookers and that key criteria will be met.
• Liaising with bookers and ensure all logistical information for the tour is ready for the touring company.
• Working with the Finance Administrator to ensure accurate finance records are kept for all productions
• Working with the Executive Director and Finance Administrator to manage the budget for each project.
Outline Terms and Conditions
Contract: Part-Time, 2 days per week. Fixed Term 8 months.
Salary: £25,000 Pro Rata
Hours: 16 Hours Per Week. Additional hours as required: applicants must be prepared to work some evenings, public holidays and weekends. Time off in lieu and/or overtime should be agreed in advance.
Essential qualities, skills and experience:
• Experience in a similar role for a touring production company.
• Strong logistical and technical production experience.
• Experience of handling budgets.
• The ability to spot potential problems in advance and to help mitigate their impact or likelihood.
• A proactive, motivated working style with the ability to work on your own initiative.
• A collaborative approach to working in a small, busy team where job roles and responsibilities are necessarily shared and flexible.
• Full clean driving license.
Desirable qualities, skills and experience:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with a touring production company in a producing or production manager role.
• Experience of outdoor touring and performance.
• Some event management experience.
• Experience of managing people.
• Experience of driving vans (Mercedes Sprinter or similar) and confident driving in London.
The role is for 2 days per week. The working days for the role are flexible and although we would prefer these days are generally consistent, flexibility can be given to accommodate other roles outside of the company. The role is to start 1st October.
Mimbre are an equal opportunities employer and are proud to say we were named one of the Top 10 SME’s for working families at the Working Families awards 2013.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a maximum one page covering letter explaining how you feel you could fulfil this role and a maximum two page CV. Your application must use the subject line Production Coordinator.
The application deadline is midday on 7th September and interviews will be held on 16th September.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Emma Forster on email@example.com or call on 0207 6131 068