27 Sep Teaching assistant needed
Teaching Assistant for Mimbre Youth Programme
Mimbre is looking for a teaching assistant for our Acrobatics/acrobalance and Street-Dance classes for 4-7 and 8-12 years old children this term.
The classes run on Tuesday afternoons between 4.15-7.15 (including set-up), at Milton Garden Community Room, Newington Green, Hackney.
You need to already have a CRB or DBS check, no more than 2 years old!
You would be expected to help with
- setting up and clearing the space at the beginning and end of the workshop
- deal with signing in and take the register
- prepare refreshments (fruit) for the young people
- assist and support the young people learning the acrobatic and dance skills (i.e. you will not lead any of the session, but be hands on in helping the young people to practice the skills)
- participation and discipline – i.e. helping to encourage shy people to take part or talk with young people who find it hard to stay focused.
8, 15, 22 October
5, 12, 19, 26 November
3, 10 December
The post is suitable for somebody with at least basic knowledge in acrobatic and acrobalance, who is interested in getting more experience in teaching young people in community settings. You need to be reliable, enthusiastic and happy to take responsibility.
If interested or if you have any questions, please email Lina at Lina@mimbre.co.uk a.s.a.p and by the 2nd of October the latest, with your full details, listing any previous experience of youth work and details of acrobatic training/level and confirm you have a CRB or DSB check.